With autumn fading into winter, and Thanksgiving rapidly approaching, a friend on Facebook challenged people to make a list of 15 things they are thankful for. I thought I would answer that challenge via my blog.
- I am thankful for my Savior, Lord, Friend, and greatest comforter – Jesus – who died for my sins, redeemed me, and placed His Spirit in me.
- I am thankful for the three years I had with my husband Rich, and all that I learned and am learning as a result.
- I am thankful for my step-children – all of them – and all that God is teaching me through them.
- I am thankful for my brothers-in-law, Rich’s brothers. They have been such an encouragement to me in little ways that count hugely.
- I am thankful for my congregation and everyone in it here in Grand Rapids – for the way they show their caring and love in deeds and not just words.
- I am thankful for my friend Judy, who is now with our wonderful Savior. I am thankful for her love and friendship over the years, and how God worked in our lives to help us each be more receptive to Him.
- I am thankful for my congregation in Israel and all my friends there – who also show their love in deeds and not just words.
- I am thankful for my colleagues and friends at Biosense where I used to work in Israel.
- I am thankful for the people God has brought into my life. I have been blessed beyond words to have such amazing people in my life.
- I am thankful for the Grace God has showered on me, grace upon grace. Truly unmerited favor.
- I am thankful for a garage that checks my car carefully, and has discovered serious problems before an accident could have happened.
- I am thankful for phone calls from our mortgage company that get disconnected without me having to hang up (5 so far today)!
- I am thankful for friends in the Central African Republic who sent me a great CD to encourage me while I am busy packing.
- I am thankful for friends I can stay with in Colorado until God makes it clear where He wants me.
- I am thankful for work that I can take with me via computer.
- I am thankful that God is taking care of me (woops, did I say that already?)
I am going to be terribly busy. But Lord willing, I’ll be able to write something during my trip… In any case, I’ll be posting something by the week of Nov. 15. In the meantime, I’d appreciate your prayers that I don’t forget what I need to do, get everything done here, and a safe drive to Colorado.